In advance of the construction phase, design decisions can be influenced to promote value engineering and accelerated programme opportunities, the better to serve client operational requirements. Mannings therefore regularly undertake the following activities for and on behalf of clients:
- Full pre-purchase site appraisal.
- Site investigation works.
- Dilapidation surveys.
- Utilities co-ordination.
- Noise monitoring.
- BER audits.
- As-built surveys.
- Archaeological surveys.
- Coordinate all design team activities, promoting innovative design concepts such as geotechnical solutions and cladding technology to maximise client value.
- Establish Site Risk Register to quantify commercial risk associated with unforeseen issues.
- Actively defend and represent client interests to minimise costs, using well established value engineering techniques.
- Establish and manage project milestone documents, phasing documents and contract programme including preconstruction coordination and client approval processes.
- Establish project procurement schedules, including delivery coordination for both domestic and direct suppliers/ subcontractors.
- Coordinate preconstruction heath and safety plans liaising closely with Project Supervisor for Design Process.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Authority, Planning Authority, Fire Officer and other statutory authorities on behalf of client.
- Coordinate planning compliance documentation.
- Manage selection and procurement of subcontractors, from pre-tender interviews to post-tender analysis.
- Use a range of procurement techniques, such as e-tendering to secure best value for client.
- Complete construction stage heath and safety plan.
Business Information Modelling (BIM)
Building Information Modelling or Building Information Management provides for efficient co-ordination of design, particularly for services and service voids avoiding potential conflict with structural elements and other services.
We generally use Archicad and Tekla as our preferred modelling tools as they are mature and extremely capable. They are fully inter operable with other tools including Revit, and in any event are generally compatible with other forms of BIM management.
We are dedicated to achieving efficiencies in construction and therefore cost values reductions with the assistance of BIM.
We find that this management tool simplifies complex coordination particularly of services. We have a dedicated BIM manager in Paul Sexton, an experienced engineer with structural and services capabilities.